Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
5 Key Players Bengals May Have To Get Rid Of This Off Season
Now I will add, that if I had my way this entire team would be back next season. I wouldn't mess with a team that has went to back to back AFC Championships.

However the NFL is set up with these salary caps. This article says once Burrow is resigned, the Bengals have tough choices on the salary cap.

I like all 5 players and everybody on the team, so I want the entire team back, but that probably isn't possible. Not with so many young players now reaching Pay Raise Time, and the NFL Salary Cap.

The main thing is to sign Burrow, you can't have him as a free agent next March. So when they get Burrow signed, let's not call the Bengals cheap over some Fan Favorites they may have to trade. It's the NFL Salary Cap, and it is, what it is. Once they sign Burrow, they will have to get under The Cap. I wish they could all stay, but probably not possible.

I do think Bengals will sign Burrow long term, and field a good team in 2023. The Front Office and Head Coach have been pretty good building this team up. The Bengals will still be a Power going forward.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 Key Players Bengals May Have To Get Rid Of This Off Season - kevin - 02-07-2023, 03:23 PM