Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Don't Have Money Like Yankees, Never Will Have
(02-13-2023, 08:24 PM)samhain Wrote: Nope.

There's another big gap in the whole crying poor narrative when it comes to numbers and comparisons.

The OP assumes that we expect the Castellinis to spend like the Mets, Yankees, or Dodgers (or the Padres, who happen to be a fellow small market team).  

There's a pretty significant distance between spending like the Yankees and actually investing an amount large enough to field a non-joke team.  

To me that number, at minimum is about 135 million, more ideally 150 million.  That's a far cry from the big spenders, but it's enough to be competitive.  

The Reds are below 75, which is a disgrace.  It's barely enough to field a bunch or AAAA journeymen.  

The big market spenders are easy to hold up as examples the Reds, A's, And Pirates can never aspire to keep up with.  They are the boogeymen and on the extreme end.  

I, for one would be ecstatic if they maintained a 150 million dollar payroll.  They never have and likely never will under the current ownership.

If they want to spend 75 million a year and cry about being broke when we know they are not, they can pack their shit and leave.

Very much so

It's like trying to win the Daytona 500 in a Soap box derby car. I and most everybody gets it. Cincinnati can't spend with the Yankees, Dodgers, or Mets. But they don't have to field a trash dump team either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Don't Have Money Like Yankees, Never Will Have - bengalfan74 - 02-14-2023, 06:18 PM