Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
I stopped posting as much a while ago for many reasons. One was that I am just ridiculously busy. The other is that I am just trying to lead a healthier life, overall, and the frustration I had posting in here was not great. I stopped watching football several years back for the same reason, I just internalized the stress too much. In this instance it has a lot to do with me being in the field of public policy and administration. Government and how it works is quite literally my field of study and when you have that sort of background it can be infuriating to be in disagreements with people who think they are right about a thing they know next to nothing about.

When this is combined with a general decline in media literacy across the nation I have such a problem engaging in this sort of stuff outside of my research or consulting. My wife consumes more news media than I do because I am just so exhausted by everything. When I am not working I focus my efforts on my volunteer work and that is it. Just trying to help build up the next generation to not be such fuckwits is what I enjoy doing these days. That and continuing to work on my weight loss.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - Belsnickel - 03-05-2023, 10:54 AM