Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-08-2023, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know, I had a bit of a dialog with small town right-wing folks about this and they basically concluded that when the government tells you to wear a mask it is your patriotic duty to disobey, but when the government asks you to stop what you are doing and risk your life and sanity in a foreign war it is your patriotic duty to shut up and march.

So if the government tells you to get a covid vaccine and wear a mask you tell them hell no but if the army tells you to get 100 vaccines and wear a gas mask you say hell yes.

I still don't see how people can say Trump is a good businessman when he had the chance to declare covid a Chinese attack and sell MAGA masks in boxes of 100 to 75 million Americans.  The guy had the chance to legally mandate and patriotically compel people to buy stuff from him.

Yes to the bolded. 

I would only add that it still depends on the president whether you should shut up an march to a foreign war. 

When Bush sent us into Iraq with cooked intel, only TRAITORS criticized that war effort. By god once the fighting starts, we ALL have to be
Americans first. You are siding with the terrorists, otherwise.

Whereas now the MAGA trend is very much against even logistical support to a war in defense of international law. 

Same for the military vaccines. That's coercion if Biden wants it, service/sacrifice to country if Trump does.

PS Trump did compel people to "buy stuff" from him, as the gov. paid millions to put up SS and other staff in his hotels.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - Dill - 03-10-2023, 06:05 PM