Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The death of P&R and what it says about where we are.
(03-15-2023, 10:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's just because layoffs are necessary since everything is so bad under Biden.
He had flaws but he was good for the country and a hell of a lot better than Biden.
I've said all along, it's like being the CEO of a successful company: you can't always just be Mr Nice Guy or things never get done.

I didn't think Trump's mixed messaging on the pandemic was especially good for the country. 
He wanted ramped up production of a vaccine and got it. Good.   But then 
he politicized the pandemic and medical knowledge so his own followers boo mention of it at his rallies.

Attempting a coup was not good either.  A "flaw"? If ends up being indicted and jailed for that, we'll see a lot more
trouble.

But he made us oil independent. 

Even if I were a Republican who wanted tax cuts for the rich, the keystone pipeline, and oil independence, 
that would not, for me, offset all the other damage; now he is directing his followers to "retribution."

How is that better than Biden? 

(03-15-2023, 08:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interestingly, it appears tens of thousands of people who worked so hard in the social media and internet companies, shielding the lefts mistakes and blaming Trump for everything so people would vote for anyone but him, are getting laid off. Lies and deception have consequences.

?? If the people in question were blaming Trump for mismanagement of the pandemic and his own vaccine program, not to mention an attempt to retain power by coup, then I don't think they were lying and deceiving. What "left mistakes" could cancel out Trump lawlessness for voters--assuming we both think democracy important to retain?  How did social media "shield" people from "the left"? Nothing comes to mind so I need specifics.

Also, I thought that social media played a central role in Trump's ascent to and maintenance of power.  
Different groups get on social media and generate their own content, which is rarely fact checked. That favors Trump, right? 
So his followers were busy through both election cycles. Reporters at Fox risked firing if they fact checked Trump--i.e., if they DID NOT lie and deceive. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/facebook-twitter-don-t-censor-conservatives-they-hire-promote-them-ncna1245308
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The death of P&R and what it says about where we are. - Dill - 03-16-2023, 06:41 PM