Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-09-2023, 05:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill:Are they?  Do you mean support for Ukraine?
They supported WWII, Korea, Vietnam and the Afghanistan War too.

The supported Vietnam?  Did you miss all those protests against that war?  There were a few of them.  

Trying to remember . . . oh yes, now I do remember actually taking part inseveral protests against the war, most importantly in 1971 against the bombing of Cambodia. It's coming back to me now . . . . 

. . . in fact, ALL of it is coming back, how it was Johnson and a staff of what, certainly not conservative advisors (maybe Rostow, certainly not McNamara) who expanded the war against the advice of area experts. And for years with the support of BOTH liberals and conservatives in congress. The protest I most remember was against the liberal-run Democratic Party, at their convention in 1968, motivated by their support of the war. 

Some of the mystery goes away if we introduce a more precise and focused conception of "the left," especially the New Left, which explicitly set themselves apart from "liberals" and lead in the organization and prosecution of protests. That distinction is collapsed in current Fox usage. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Dill - 08-09-2023, 09:18 PM