Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(08-09-2023, 09:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: An odd post, especially given that it was your sixth or seventh attempt at it.  You stated "liberals" supported the war in Vietnam, not that the Democratic party supported the war in Vietnam.  If you meant to say that the Dems supported it, you'd be correct.  You'd also be correct if you claimed that the Dems actually started our involvement in it.  But that's not what you said in your post, in either case.  So, if that's what you meant just be a man and admit you misspoke so we can all move on.  That shouldn't take multiple attempts to achieve either.

Next post will be even odder.  

Sure I'd be correct if I said "the Democratic Party," the "liberal party," as FDR called it, supported the war.

And I'm just as correct to say "liberals" supported the war. As I intended. 

So I am not "misspeaking."

As if I really meant to say what you believe but my fingers slipped on the keyboard. 

Are you are going to argue, somehow, that liberals didn't support the war? That will require more than showing some turned
against the war post '68, when everyone began turning against it. You might want to explain whom you are calling "liberals" as well.
I am referring to a party and its leaders who lead the charge on civil rights and used "big government" to declare war on poverty
and to create a brand new big government program called MEDICARE. You going to say those people were NOT liberals? Or that
they DIDN'T support and even expand the war? 

If you are not prepared to do that, then stop imputing imagined errors to me and then demanding I "man up" and own them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Dill - 08-09-2023, 10:14 PM