Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(09-11-2023, 11:07 PM)Dill Wrote: If "them" refers to the "criminal," I think that is generally how most people who favor increased incarceration look at it.

You mean people with common sense? 

Quote:So for them, family break up wouldn't really register as a serious consequence of incarceration. 

You know what, you've convinced me.  Keep the murderer or rapist at home to raise their kids.  The consequences will be far less severe.  The modern far left left is amazingly incoherent.

Quote:Nor would they link it to future consequences, I guess on the assumption that children from single-parent homes are less likely to become offenders themselves if they are in a single-parent home because a "criminal" parent is in prison. 

There are certainly consequences to being raised in a single parent household, especially when the parent is the mother as previously demonstrated.  That's not the question.  The question is whether the consequence is outweighed by keeping a major criminal off the street to victimize the community and inflict damage upon their family.  Thus far you've made no attempt to actually make an argument in either direction.  So, typical.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-11-2023, 11:29 PM