Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another school shooting...more children dead.
(03-28-2023, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Unless cutting mental health funding and preventative care is more bi-partisan than I've been led to believe (I don't claim to be an expert on this), maybe this is something that could be helped along by republicans changing their policies a bit.

I know in Texas Greg Abbot was part of cutting mental health funding but still went to the "Mental health!" well when it came time to explain Uvalde.

I mean, you say it's mental health so who is standing in the way of fixing this county's dangerous lack of mental health?  And I don't mean this as a "gotcha" moment, maybe it is bi-partisan, but if mental health is being cited then what do we need to do as a society to see to it that something is actually done?  I feel like we're just coming up with things to blame so we can just go right back to changing nothing.

In my opinion, better parenting is the solution in almost every situation involving mental health.  

As parents, we know what our children are capable of long before it happens.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another school shooting...more children dead. - basballguy - 03-28-2023, 12:38 PM