Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another school shooting...more children dead.
(03-28-2023, 10:47 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: What's strange to me is she apparently identifies as a man. But apparently that doesn't matter now? From what I've understood from recent memory is you're a threat to the transgender community if you misidentify a trans person. Yet multiple outlets are reporting it was a woman while also saying they were transgender.

As a matter of fact. A lot of people are still confused about all of this because they're not sure if it was a man or a woman because some outlets reported it was a man, while others reported it was a woman. This seems to be a bit of an implication of playing the gender game if you ask me.

Seriously. Go look at the comment sections on this news story. People are fighting over what this "person" is, and I think it's important. I get that people died and that shouldn't be pushed to the side. But it's honestly got me wondering the impact this kind of thing has on sociology and the way in which we analyze men and women.

As you already stated. You're shocked it was a woman. So am I. But if they identify as a man and you have to accept that as reality, well then I think that changes the discussion doesn't it? Because now it's no longer shocking because it was a man and you add another tick to the violent nature of men and how they're more responsible for events like this, rather than women.

But then you have to ask yourself......how accurate is that check mark? Now, I'm not saying there will be a huge swing one way or the other, but it seems clear to me that such alterations to our society will have impacts on the statistical differences between men and women. This becomes even more true for those who consider themselves gender fluid.

So then, do we make a transgender category to single them out? Of course not, cause that would be considered transphobic.

So no answers just an attempt to make it about transgenders?

(03-28-2023, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well stop indoctrinating the youth. for 1

Punish people calling for Violence like Jane Fonda  calling for murder of republicans

So no answers except to do away with the FIRST amendment?

(03-28-2023, 12:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: I am utterly convinced if the Sun were to supernova, Dino would find a way to blame republicans

The girl (or guy?) was 28 years old.  A decade removed from school.....

But it's abundantly clear this person has mental health issues.  

(03-28-2023, 12:25 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Every day and twice on Sundays.

(03-28-2023, 02:30 PM)basballguy Wrote: How are democrats combating mental illness?  

Mental illness goes beyond school shootings...the next best example is in the homeless community.  Something like 1 of 4 homeless people suffer from mental illness.  

If I look at California, Newsome's homeless combat 'plan' covers everything except mental illness.  

I know this sounds like a pivot in the conversation but I don't believe anyone anywhere is doing anything meaningful about mental illness.  

(03-28-2023, 05:24 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Let's rephrase the topic.

This was a "Hate Crime" against Christians at a Catholic School by a Transgender He/She. 

Based on what?  Isn't this just "another crazy person with a gun" like all the other school shootings?  

(03-28-2023, 07:26 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I'm confused as to how people are to be "better parents" when "better parenting" now a days is basically shutting the hell up and letting your child do whatever they want to do and not impeding on their life choices.

I'm confused on why you think that.  But I get confused by a lot of things you think.

I guess we'll have to wait for a generation in Florida, for example, and see if the "freedom" that DeSantis is giving parents to keep their kids for seeing anything they don't want to will make for less gun violence and less mental illness.

I'm a parent.  We did what we thought was best for both our daughter and son.  Are they perfect?  Nah.  No one is.  Do they have their own issues?  Sure.  We all do.  But be parented them to seek help and to not want to kill people.  

Maybe she was raised the same...we don't know.  But because she is one of four non-cis mass shooters in the last 20+ years I guess that is the point the right will grab on to in order to NOT talk about more children being killed in school.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another school shooting...more children dead. - GMDino - 03-29-2023, 11:11 AM