Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another school shooting...more children dead.
(03-29-2023, 11:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: So no answers just an attempt to make it about transgenders?

I have no answer to gun violence that somebody here hasn't already said. I'm not sure why you're acting like this is a new subject. I felt like covering a different perspective of the story. That's all.

Quote:I'm confused on why you think that.  But I get confused by a lot of things you think.

Of course you are. Of course you do.

Quote:I guess we'll have to wait for a generation in Florida, for example, and see if the "freedom" that DeSantis is giving parents to keep their kids for seeing anything they don't want to will make for less gun violence and less mental illness.

I'm a parent.  We did what we thought was best for both our daughter and son.  Are they perfect?  Nah.  No one is.  Do they have their own issues?  Sure.  We all do.  But be parented them to seek help and to not want to kill people.  

Maybe she was raised the same...we don't know.  But because she is one of four non-cis mass shooters in the last 20+ years I guess that is the point the right will grab on to in order to NOT talk about more children being killed in school.

You can talk about children being killed all you want. You can also talk about trans people and how they might effect the way we look at news stories like this and how we view/analyze the differences between men and women when it comes to crimes committed whether it be mass shootings, gang violence, drug use etc.....

As I stated earlier, you pointed out you were shocked it was a woman. Obviously that mattered to you.

Don't try to act like the confusion around the gender of the shooter had nothing to do with the story, because it absolutely did. CNN literally changed their headline 3 different times from "28 year old woman", to "28 year old woman who is transgender" to "28 year old person".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another school shooting...more children dead. - Matt_Crimson - 03-29-2023, 02:24 PM