Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another school shooting...more children dead.
(03-30-2023, 12:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: Why isn't it a liklihood?  What insider knowledge do you have that the rest of us don't? Because based on the evidence BengalYankee sees, it's a hate crime. Y'all have access to the same information. Why are you right and he wrong?

Note: I still fail to see where the fear mongering is. Saying something is a hate crime isn't fear mongering.

I personally think this shooter clearly had some sort of resentment towards the school. Was it because she was mad at christians? Was she mad at the school? I don't know.

What I can tell you is you probably know just as little as the rest of us and your opinion is not fact.

Calling something a hate crime without evidence and it falling in line with a wider message in right-wing media is something that seems a lot like "deliberately arousing fear or public alarm." Maybe that's just me. But that is the sort of thing I expect from people getting the basic facts of the incident wrong.

As for my opinion, I never said it was anything other than that. I just base my opinion on the logic that if someone were to be intentionally targeting people for being Christians there would be many more likely ways for that to be done. The choice of a target with personal ties to the shooter's childhood speaks much more to a personal motive rather than one based on general prejudices. This is just basic psychology applied through critical thinking skills.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another school shooting...more children dead. - Belsnickel - 03-30-2023, 01:08 PM