Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commentators
 masonbengals fanHonest question.... do any of you truly believe this isn't politically motivated ?

Yes and no.

The case is steeped in politics top begin with since the whole basis for Trump to allegedly pay someone 'hush' money was because he was running for political office, which is what started this whole thing. Would this have come to court if this had started with Trump allegedly paying someone hush money so that a revelation would not hurt him in a business dealing (obviously overlooking that Trump tended to see the whole Presidential run and time in office as a business dealing)? I don't think so. We like to think that our politicians are more heavily scrutinized and held to a "higher ethical standard" than business people in the U.S. But if there is any truth to that, it is only because the rival party vets opponents and demands accountability through media platforms, eh.

So, you always have the opposing parties looking for 'dirt' on each other. But sometimes, that search for dirt reveals what the opposition might consider a 'gold nugget': a potential prosecutable violation of the law (i.e. a mudslingers wet dream). If that happens, the opposition can turn it over to the justice department to investigate and follow up on. The opposition loves this because they can now sling mud from the sideline while a supposedly unaligned third party takes the field and makes a determination if there is sufficient evidence to pursue charges and to follow up/not follow up as the situation requires in their determination. I write 'supposedly unaligned third party' in reference to the Justice Department because 1) it is a large bureaucratic department with many lawyers and judges who support one party or another to some degree or another (i.e. results may vary depending on who, when, and where); and 2) as a massive bureaucratic department reflecting many views, the overall effect nationwide is to appear unbiased. But that said, criminal charges are criminal charges and even the most blatantly partisan judges cannot totally ignore or white wash them. If someone apparently broke the law and the charges make it to a docket, they will get consideration.

So, yeah, the case doesn't see the light of day if not for a political motivation (I believe the official 2020's response is, "Yeah... so what?"). But at the same time, a court finding finding sufficient evidence of violation of a law to indict is generally not politically motivated.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump FINALLY indicted: "We are living in a Police State" say Fox Commen... - Bengalzona - 03-31-2023, 03:42 PM