Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's 1st Round Prediction
(04-26-2023, 01:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: If we go CB in round one, they better draft 3 CBs total!!!  If not, I'm going be really pissed off. If they are going to F us in round one, they better be damn sure and cover their ass! Cough, MTFN COUGH, William Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be livid!!
 This is a prime example of why one shouldn't post when already upset about something else and several fingers deep in Makers...  Hilarious

(04-26-2023, 08:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Really?  Leon Hall...Jonathon. Joseph....Darwuez Dennard...the Bengals have drafted very well over the years with CBs on general.  You must be a young fan.
 Leon and JJ weren't terrible, but Dennard never really amounted to much. You forgot Kirkpatrick. I wish that I were a younger fan. Sadly, I've been at sea with this ship for decades. It's a "part of the ship, part of the crew," thing.

(04-26-2023, 10:01 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Why? It’s all about BPA at 28 and Forbes gives the defense something they really haven’t had, aggressiveness and play recognition resulting in interceptions. Forbes would be a great selection. They aren’t drafting WJax types
 I understand the CB situation. I think that Apple and Flowers are still in play for Cincy. Both CB and TE are as deep in this draft as they have been in 20 years. That said, none of the CBs in this draft look like box office first rounders to me. Not a Prime, Peterson, Revis, or Riley in the bunch. Remind me please, what round was Riley drafted in? CTB seems to be coming along nicely and I do have faith in this staff, so if they think they have their dude I will live with it. Again ts, I think they can find "that dude" in rounds 2-4. What round was CTB drafted in?  I forget because I'm so young.  LMAO

(04-26-2023, 10:18 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't get the logic behind this post.  We don't have any HUGE needs on this team right now.  IF the draft shakes out like most of the mocks that have been out there, almost every OT and Edge worth taking will be off the board.  TE isn't a major need and even if it is - theres a good chance that Kincaid and Mayer are gone.

So - what do you want them to do?

We have Awuzie coming off an injury and CTB on the outside.  That's it.  If one of them is hurt for a stretch, we have some issues.

I feel you on the CB situation. It's nice to be able to go BPA. Ts, please see above. As for the TE situation, it's much deeper than just Mayer and Kincaid. You know this! If Mayer or Washinton are there it would be hard to pass on them. Another train of thought here is to grab a young TE in RDs 2-5 and trying to grab a guy like Bowers in next year's draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - Schmitbuck - 04-25-2023, 07:17 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - Nepa - 04-25-2023, 07:38 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - pulses - 04-25-2023, 10:48 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - pulses - 04-25-2023, 11:36 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - pulses - 04-26-2023, 05:13 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - Burma - 04-25-2023, 09:12 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - jj22 - 04-26-2023, 04:15 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - coachmcneil71 - 04-26-2023, 03:48 PM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - jj22 - 04-26-2023, 11:25 AM
RE: Lapham's 1st Round Prediction - 3wt - 04-26-2023, 06:50 PM