Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(04-29-2023, 12:30 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The value is there, but I don't see the need. They're taking BPA to its extreme.

I felt this way a bit at first, but then I realized that Tyson Anderson had next to no playing time last year.  They lost BOTH Bell and Bates.  One injury to Dax Hill or Scott and you are rolling out a very inexperienced Anderson or Uncle Mike Thomas.  They drafted DJ Turner despite having all starting roles already on the roster.  I know Battle is a safety and not a CB, but Lou loves the flexibility of Hill to potentially play slot, which provides quality depth behind Hilton, and you could have Battle and Scott as the safeties.  

Lou also really seems to like 3 safety packages, and this gives him more tools in his toolbox.

I also LOVE that the Bengals prioritize LEADERS and CHARACTER in their players.  With the new IRL money coming in to college, you have some guys coming in out of HS getting six figure checks and guys that have been busting their butts on the team for years getting next to nothing.  I think that could create a lot of animosity in the college game.  Texas A&M sure didn't look like a cohesive team.  My point is that finding two or even three year Captains that are high character and leaders.

Three straight defensive picks makes a LOT of sense given the % of the cap that will likely be going to three offensive players. 

That being said, I do hope for a RB in Round 4 that could contribute right away and, hopefully, make Mixon expendable.  Mixon has been a great player for Cincy but his lack of pass protection skills really is an Achillies heal in this offense.

A TE like Whylie would also be nice.  I could see them packaging their additional 6th rounder to move up in Round 4 to get another impact player.  Having 8 draft picks sounds great, but in reality, the picks on day 3 will have a battle (no pun intended) to make the roster.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle - SHRacerX - 04-29-2023, 09:43 AM