Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(04-29-2023, 02:48 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: You're 100% wrong. He'll see the field as a rookie box safety in certain situations and in TE coverage at times. If Scott struggles at all, Battle could see even more playing time. Saying you don't see a pathway during his whole rookie contract is just a weird thing to say.

He's my favorite pick so far and I think Murphy and Turner will be fine players. It's been a great draft so far. 

I saw you saying in the draft thread that they messed up trading with KC and letting Pittsburgh get Washington. You were 100% wrong there too. Lou obviously had a defensive guy in mind, which is why he said "see you in a little bit" and "told you so". If they had wanted Washington, they would have stayed put and took him, but with Lou's comments and the trade back, it's obvious they had no interest in taking him. 

(04-29-2023, 03:12 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: We'll revisit this during the season when Battle is seeing the reps as a rookie you emphatically stated he wouldn't see during his whole rookie contract. He'll see those reps even without injury or bad play elsewhere.

(04-29-2023, 03:15 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: It was a great pick. People hating on the pick or saying he won't see the field are ding dongs. 

(04-29-2023, 03:58 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: people were complaining the bengals didnt land an impact starter with the first 2 picks

well Battle can legitimately win the SS gig. Scott is mediocre

(04-29-2023, 08:55 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Have seen a couple people say he won't see the field this year so bad pick, maybe I'm crazy but if he looks good in camp I don't think they hesitate to start him over Scott.

A 3 year 12 million dollar contract doesn't scream guaranteed starter to me, it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top in camp.

Also with these longer seasons plus playoff pushes, injuries happen. Depth is a good thing, Quality depth is a great thing.

I can appreciate the new toy excitement but this reflects an absolute disregard to the Bengals and for how Lou manages defensive backs. 12M says Scott is the starter, along with Zac & Lou stating that Scott will start.  Also, Lou has said, and shown, that he does NOT rotate or substitute defensive backs.

It is odd that any of you think Lou would rather trust a 2nd year guy with zero snaps at safety with a new rookie, over a vet that has started and played in a Super Bowl, it makes no sense.

As mentioned before, Dax is a 1st Rd pick with incredible physical traits and he couldn't see the field.  Battle comes in as the least athletic, and by far slowest player in the DB room.  When the HC and DC first words are "special teams" that might be a good indication of the plans for the player.

Without injury it will be very surprising to see Battle have many meaningful snaps on defense this season.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle - casear2727 - 04-29-2023, 10:01 AM