Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(04-29-2023, 10:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I can appreciate the new toy excitement but this reflects an absolute disregard to the Bengals and for how Lou manages defensive backs. 12M says Scott is the starter, along with Zac & Lou stating that Scott will start.  Also, Lou has said, and shown, that he does NOT rotate or substitute defensive backs.

It is odd that any of you think Lou would rather trust a 2nd year guy with zero snaps at safety with a new rookie, over a vet that has started and played in a Super Bowl, it makes no sense.

As mentioned before, Dax is a 1st Rd pick with incredible physical traits and he couldn't see the field.  Battle comes in as the least athletic, and by far slowest player in the DB room.  When the HC and DC first words are "special teams" that might be a good indication of the plans for the player.

Without injury it will be very surprising to see Battle have many meaningful snaps on defense this season.

I agree with this, generally speaking.

I don't know what players - AVAILABLE TO THE BENGALS - in this specific draft would just come in and overtake the current starter.

Long term RT, to me, is the Bengals biggest need. Followed by RB (assuming Mixon is gone). And then understudy DT & WRs.

^ And that's assuming they don't think Carman can shift to the RT spot, which I wouldn't hate at all. Carman was better to me than Jonah was last season when he had to play.

There are still 5 RTs this draft that I look at as viable guys to step in and POSSIBLY be good long term options: Dawand Jones (OSU), Duncan (Maryland), Freeland (BYU), McClendon (UGA), Sorsdal (William & Mary).

No one in this draft should be looked at as someone who was just going to blow the doors off of the guy already on the roster who's slated to start unless it's the punter. Maybe Michael Mayer? I have to be point this out, though. Rotational DE is more impactful to the Bengals right now than starting TE - IN A DRAFT CLASS FULL OF GOOD TEs.

Murphy & Mallory

Murphy & Whyle

^ BOTH sound WAY better than Mayer & Zach Harrison. Because THAT is what it would have been.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle - PDub80 - 04-29-2023, 10:16 AM