Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Welcome to The Jungle Charlie Jones
(04-29-2023, 08:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Is he? I'm not dogging on him, but he was definitely not a slot receiver in college. He rarely ever played there. It got me curious to see what big time slot receivers in the NFL did in college and all of the ones I have looked at played a significant amount of snaps in the slot. For his entire career, roughly 26% of his snaps came from the slot with a small majority of them coming in 2018 and he was far from effective that season. The last two seasons, he has logged only 13% of his snaps from the slot, with 2022 only being 11%. It was also by far his most successful season. 

I'd be curious to know how many boundary receivers go from rarely playing in the slot to it becoming their primary role and succeeding. It may not be as big of a jump as I am imagining but it looks like the vast majority of NFL slot receivers also received substantial time in the slot during college. 

Do you have Boyd’s slot shared at Pitt handy? He played all over at Pitt but I don’t think he played a majority in the slot. Similarly Jarvis Landry was mainly outside at LSU and move into the slot midway into his career.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to The Jungle Charlie Jones - Au165 - 04-29-2023, 09:15 PM