Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mitch Wilcox and Brandon Allen
(05-01-2023, 09:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well I can’t argue that. But this I know they really value blockers and a few weren’t that a lot of people here and in the mocks liked. But they didn’t ever look at Bruce Feldman’s freaks list. They’ve got their own. Of course some were on Bruce’s list. But Duke Tobin and Zac are working together famously. But Duke’s been here a long time and Zac has not. And we are drafting pretty good. Zac has rerouted the scouting department. I didn’t say overhauled. He’s given them guidance on who he wants. They’ve done it fantastically. He wanted team captains, team leaders, players that love ball, players from top programs, and just good people. None of that was more evident than this draft. The team chemistry is no mirage. But Zac has a great eye for talent.

I agree with the above poster and we whiffed on this one big time.  We could have got the punter in 7th and this Zack Kuntz kid in the 6th.  You say we were looking for strength and blocking ability, I think he has the strength, and the blocking can be taught.  Here is Feldman's report with him listed at # 11 on the list.

Penn State has had a bunch of gifted tight ends and a few who ended up leaving to flourish at other programs. [Zack] Kuntz, a former high school track star who was a state champion in hurdles, has blossomed at Old Dominion. In 2021, he won first-team All-Conference USA honors and was second in the country among tight ends with 73 receptions to go with 692 yards. At 6-8 1/4, 251 pounds, Kuntz is an eye-popping blend of great size and athleticism. This offseason he clocked a 4.57 40 to go with his 40-inch vertical and 10-8 broad jump. His explosiveness is also reflected in a 365-pound clean (and a 23-rep bench.) 

https://theathletic.com/3488797/2022/08/10/college-football-freaks-list-2022/

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Zack-Kuntz-TE-PennState
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mitch Wilcox and Brandon Allen - pally - 05-01-2023, 01:14 PM
RE: Mitch Wilcox and Brandon Allen - Nepa - 05-01-2023, 02:10 PM
RE: Mitch Wilcox and Brandon Allen - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 05-02-2023, 10:48 AM
RE: Mitch Wilcox and Brandon Allen - Nepa - 05-01-2023, 09:28 PM
Mitch Wilcox and Brandon Allen - pally - 05-03-2023, 09:12 AM