Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
(05-02-2023, 06:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you think wrong. Perine is legitimately the strongest RB in the league

This is from USA Today:
The numbers seem cartoonish. Perine has bench-pressed 450 pounds. He once did 315 for 12 repetitions. And there was that one time he pressed a car. He squats 600 pounds — except wait, the Oklahoma strength coaches don’t let him do squats; that was back at Hendrickson High School in Pflugerville, Texas. His vertical leap is 34.5 inches. He broad jumps more than 10 feet. Oh, and when back home on breaks, his daily regimen includes 792 pushups and 792 situps.

How much does Samaje Perine bench press?

Running back Samaje Perine can bench press 235 pounds, 30 times. He is credited as being one of the strongest players in the 2017 NFL Draft class if you measure it pound for pound. This 235 pound Cincinnati Bengals player is recorded as bench pressing 235 pounds for 30 reps in the NFL combine, although he says he could manage 35 reps back in his high school days with his max bench press being 365 pounds.

Here are tales about Perine's feats of strength:
Lifting cars: Late one night in the summer of 2015, Perine noticed a woman with a flat tire in the parking lot of the Bud Wilkinson House on Oklahoma's campus. She didn't have a car jack.
"So I just helped her out," he said.
By lifting the car so the back left tire could be changed.
Perine's mom said he would only laugh when she asked him about it, not knowing if it was myth or real.
But it was real. Perine sort of shrugged it off by pointing out it was "a pretty small car. A Smart Car." They weigh 1,500 pounds.
"If you lift one side, the whole side is coming up,'
" he
said. "It was kind of heavy ... I mean, I wouldn't say it was easy. It's still a car."
Perine said he was alone, but Oklahoma running back Daniel Brooks once told Soonersports.com that he saw what happened. Brooks added to the myth when he told the website, "He was curling the car, too, I think."
Perine laughs.
"That part is made up," he said.

At the combine, he benched 225 pounds 30 times -- only four offensive linemen did more. And Perine said he once did 35 reps of 225 pounds in high School
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it? - Soonerpeace - 05-02-2023, 07:49 PM