Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
(05-02-2023, 10:42 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

The subjectivity is what makes player evaluations interesting. I see the 210 pound running style while also seeing Power and lower body muscle girth to his body that the bigger backs have. 

This is what made Mixon a somewhat rare prospect coming out running a 4.45 forty at 6 foot and 3/4  228 pounds. 

Adrian Peterson was 6 foot 1 and 1/2  217 pounds with a 4.41 forty time at his Combine.

I could see 220 as being a target weight the Bengals point him towards for some extra speed (and a Public Relations weight they use on Team Rosters which round heights to the inch) but he looks every bit of 225 or more to me.

Being 228 pounds & in shape at just age 21 then adding 5 years to now be 26 years old makes me think that he would have to struggle to get to and hold 220 pounds now. I also don't see the same speed as when he was younger which if he was 220 pounds the speed may still be there more than it is.

I'm guessing that he is playing between 224 to 228 pounds in any given week which is purely subjective.   I could be wrong.  Tongue

Another Fan or Poster may see Mixon in a completely different way based on reasons that shape their viewpoint which is fine with me.

I respect your opinion and it is fun to split the hairs.

I wasn't trying to split hairs.
I was originally asking if you meant 220 because that's what he was most recently.

But regardless, when I think of a 230+ lb RB, I think of a bulldozer that runs through people rather than try to go around them. A guy who has no problem picking up short yardage. I don't see that with Mixon.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it? - ochocincos - 05-03-2023, 09:43 AM