Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it?
(05-03-2023, 01:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jake Liscow and Joe Goodberry talked about the ball security concern with Chase Brown.
They said on the surface, his fumbles seem like a lot, but he had over 350 touches last year.
On a touches-per-fumble metric, it's actually not too far off some other guys the Bengals have/had.

Also, Mixon fumbled 3 times in just 208 touches his rookie year, and he improved in that area after, so I'm not overly concerned with Chase Brown.

Yes sir. All great points. I am not overly concerned with Chase Brown's fumbling problems either. He was the most solid RB in 
the Draft at the time we picked him in the 5th round by far IMO. I think Bijan Robinson is much more pro ready, but a RB like 
Chase Brown where we got him is crazy good value. There are a lot of RB's that were flashy I liked better in Gibbs and Spears
and maybe Achane with that speed, but Chase Brown got a ton of pass protection snaps and touches as you note to show what
he has more than these flashy RB's. 

Wanted Gibbs a ton, but that was reach that early. Spears had a bad injury and Achane and Keeton Mitchell are small.

(05-03-2023, 01:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I mean this isn’t youth football or college even. If Joe and other leaders think Joe’s not getting it done then too much on the line. They’ll speak up.

Yep, we want to win the entire thing, bad...

I have confidence in the best players starting now unlike when we had Marvin Lewis as the HC. If Mixon is sticking around
and looking good leading up to the season he should be the starter with both Chase Brown and Trayveon Williams taking the 
3rd down back duties. Sure would be nice if Mixon really worked on his pass protection this year, he would make us much less
predictable in our sets if he did and became okay at it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase Brown VS Joe Mixon. The starting job isn’t in jeopardy, or is it? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-03-2023, 01:43 PM