Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
I think, and I know this could really start something, that the trans rights activists have gone too far and this boycott is part of that. I have absolutely zero issue with anyone living as their authentic selves, right up to the point that doing so negatively impacts on others. BTW this is essentially what JK Rowling said that got her labeled a transphobic bigot and worse. Transwomen playing in women's sports has already been mentioned, but you could include transwomen with male genitalia using women's locker rooms. You could also include children being taken to drag shows (yes I know trans and drag are not the same thing but it's all getting lumped in), which I don't get at all. My parents wouldn't have taken me to any sexually explicit show of any kind when I was a kid. They didn't let me come to the Follies in Paris when we visited and I was twelve.

But I think what has people up in arms the most is "gender affirming care" for children. Here's where the mud really starts flying. People under eighteen having unalterable medical treatment, and puberty blockers would be included here as they have permanent effects, really bothers a lot of people. It also rather exposes a huge area of hypocrisy for the progressive left. They constantly point to the scientific fact that the brain is not fully developed until around twenty-five, hence those people should be treated as less culpable than a full adult. At the same time they will advocate for irreversible medical procedures for people much younger than eighteen. Also, is there a degree of social contagion at work causing young people to identify as trans? While the jury is still very much out on this I strongly suspect we'll find out in a few years that this is exactly the case. And there is a large segment of our society who have planted their flag on labeling limiting that type of "care" as "trans genocide."

So I think Dylan Mulvaney is caught up in all of the above. Add in the fact that there are some people who think she's not genuine and is just doing this for attention. I could care less about that, as I said be whatever or whoever you want as long as it doesn't negatively impact on others, and I don't know how you could make an argument that Mulvaney is doing that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 05-08-2023, 11:03 AM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM