Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 06:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't say transgenderism, I said the transgender movement. I think anyone but their parents teaching children about sex, sexuality or transgenderism is disturbing.  Why would anyone want to talk to literal children about these issues?  

So, what's the transgender ideology you asserted was being used to target children? What you're alluding to here isn't an ideology.

Quote:When I worked at a group home I had kids ask me questions about sensitive topics all the time.  I would inform them that my having that conversation with them would not be appropriate.  Why, because they aren't my kids and I have no business offering my position on those types of subjects to them.  I had a kid ask me what I thought happened after you die, he got the same response.  Again, why is anyone motivated to discuss these topics with children who aren't theirs?  That's why terms like indoctrination get bandied about.  

Again, you seem to be avoiding my questions? You asserted rather strongly that transgender ideology was being used to target children. Please define said ideology and give a specific example of that ideology and how it is targeting children. Thus far, you've only referenced anecdotal conversations that you find "disturbing".

Quote:They can if they want, just as Target can sell the merch in question.  You'll note at no time did I say Target had no right to sell anything.  I've noticed people here tend to target (no pun intended) arguments they think or wish you made rather than what you actually said.

I didn't state that you said that, hence why I asked your opinion.

Quote:If a store sold a four year old's size set of clothing that said, "Keep trans people out of women's sports", then absolutely yes.  If they sold "Democrats/Republicans are evil" shirts then absolutely yes, and it would be correct to call them out for doing exactly that.  Imagine the insane uproar if Target sold a child's shirt that said "I'm proud of my Caucasian heritage."  In every instance people could correctly call them out, just as was done here.

Would you find a children's shirt that states "Jesus Christ is King" to be attempted persuasion?

Quote:The real question is, and would be for any of the above examples, why are you pushing this message on kids at all?  Shouldn't we allow children to enjoy their childhood free of this kind of thing?  There's plenty of time for them to argue and bicker with each other over them when they get older.  The plain truth is these clothes are used by parents to virtue signal, and that's it, and that would be the same for every example I gave.

Please give the specific message you think is being pushed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Lucidus - 06-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM