Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-08-2023, 07:44 PM)Dill Wrote: At least 4 possibilities then.

1. Both sides are right.

2. Both sides are wrong.

3. One side is right, and the other side IS filled with demons.

4. Both sides have demons, but one more so, to the point of driving its policy. 

If only there were some way to sort these out with some kind of factual record. Hmm

I think it depends on what you consider a demon. If someone is doing something that they legitimately think is for the best, but it is causing disastrous consequences, whether that be due to their ill-informed belief being wrong or their actions having unintended consequences, are they a demon?

If so, then I think the right is nothing but demons.

For me, though, I think the demons on the right are the ultra wealthy and powerful politicians, capitalists and lobbyists who have a vested interest in keeping the focus of their voters on marginal culture war issues that don't actually affect them so that they can continue to collect their votes while providing nothing of value to them other than outrage.

Many others on the right, I think, are just easily manipulated pawns who don't realize that they're fighting against basic human rights for other people. They've been so brain washed and conditioned to think everything on the left is evil because, if they didn't believe that, they may end up voting for people who will actually improve their lives, like those who want to make healthcare more affordable and raise their wages.

The "demons on the left" on the other hand are much smaller in percentage, and I am not certain I'd classify them as demons myself, but I find some people on the left make it harder for us to convince right wingers and centrists that we are the rational side (and, in some cases, actually radicalize people against the left) because they do stupid shit like, as SSF mentioned, declare their toddlers are trans and attack people who are peacefully protesting.

Now, how many people on the left do this stuff vs how much of it is reported in the right wing media sphere? I am almost certain every single, solitary case is magnified to make it seem much more common than it is, but as long as they exist, they will be weaponized against the left, which makes our job harder.

But yes, obviously, I agree that the demons mostly reside on the right. Somewhere between options 3 and 4, I reckon.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - CJD - 06-08-2023, 08:04 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM