Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-12-2023, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, they all live under the same flag, and consider themselves to be a unified voting bloc, so there is that.

You've uttered this under the same flag statement twice now, but haven't really expounded on it. For arguments sake, let's assume the LGBTQIA+ community is an absolute monolith; what do assert that necessarily follows from that conclusion?

Quote:That's not what I said.  I said prey upon the minds of the easily influenced children in an attempt to normalize (gain acceptance) of abnormal behavior.

Please explain how the LGBTQIA+ community - or even drag queens in particular - are preying upon the minds of children. I can't help but wonder why you're so focused on, and accusatory of, these communities, instead of those that do actual and demonstrable harm to children on a regular basis? 

Quote:I was speaking specifically about events such as "drag queen story hour" and the like.  As for other types of entertainers, they are all as equally entitled to succeed or fail according to their merits, it is up to the parents to shield their children from forms of entertainment that does not represent the values which they intend to instill into them.

What is it about drag queen story hours that you find detrimental to a child? 

Quote:As for heterosexuals partaking in cosplay?  It's absolutely an expression of sexual fetish lifestyle, and should be kept to the realm of adults with mature, more fully developed minds.

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. When you see adults partaking in Marvel or Star Wars cosplay, for example, you automatically see an expression of a sexual nature?

Quote:When children become adults, they are free to make their own decisions about their personality and sexuality, the entire point is that children are easily influenced minds incapable of seeing the possible bad outcomes from making permanent, life altering decisions.  That's why they are considered minors under the law, and their parents charged with their protection from harm.

Did you start developing your personality and sexuality before or after becoming an adult? Did you become who were because it was intrinsically accurate, or because you were easily influenced

If a 10 year boy expresses to his parents that he prefers wearing dresses, should the parents allow it? If a 12 year old girl expresses to her parents that she's feeling an attraction to other girls, should the parents be supportive?

Quote:Thanks, but no thanks.  I've gathered enough information over the course of my 54 years from experiences and personal interactions and relationships with friends and family on various sides of the sexuality spectrum to have formed my own opinions.

So, when I offer writings and studies on the topic that we could examine and discuss, your response is "no thanks, I've already formed my own opinion"? Why would you not be interested in becoming more informed on the subject overall, rather than settling on anecdotal conclusions? 

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Lucidus - 06-13-2023, 03:20 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM