Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If they are buyers, what would you give up?
MLB has been and always will be about pitching. And you have to find a way to strike a balance between offense and pitching. The Reds, as we speak, just don't have the pitching staff, especially starters, to be a true contender in the long run.

In other words you can't have a world, high dollar players, at every position on the field. And right now we've got several that sure look like they'll be upper level position players. So they'll have to eventually strike a balance somewhere.

A few weeks ago there was talk of trading India. I'm against that. He's quickly developing into a team leader. He's tied for the team lead in HR's 9 and RBI's 38. Leads the team in SB's 12 and is batting .272 and in today's MLB that's like .325 in the 70's and 80's. And he's tied for 4th in all of MLB in runs scored 54. Yes he's not the world's best on defense at 2B be he's not so bad that he hurts us that much.

They're probably going to have to end up giving up one of the hot rods to get a real upper tier starter though. I've heard talk that's why they're keeping CES in the minors, trade bait.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing Senzel, Stephenson, Barrero, Newman, and all the bench players going. BUT, how much can you really get for those guys? Possibly they can find somebody who think they can revive Senzel or Barrero's careers and package them with CES and land somebody good at starter.

But I'm not so sure they're going to roll the dice this year? Probably much depends on where we are a month from now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If they are buyers, what would you give up? - bengalfan74 - 06-18-2023, 12:17 PM