Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If they are buyers, what would you give up?
(06-28-2023, 09:04 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: MLB ready players I can part with to help increase the bid for a choice starter or two . . . quite a few outfielders
Benson
India - sorry Bengalfan74, see CES below - he's running out of a position to play and he's stated that he thinks that his time in Cincy is limited.
Fairchild - His play grew on me, but he's easily replaceable.
Hopkins
Senzel - He's had his chance to claim a spot and keep it.
Fraley - Outside of Friedl, all outfielders are in danger of losing at bats to Steer or India.
Newman - To be honest? I kind of like him more than India at this point. More places on the field to put him.

Minor League prospects that are NOT on the list . . .
Phillips - their faith in him is the key if this team is to trade for a rental starter or if they're going to try to add a new bullet in the chamber going forward.
CES - I honestly think that he would be in Cincinnati if the Reds didn't have this India/Senzel situation. That's why I put India on the trade list.
Marte
Petty - I assume that with the glut of young talent coming up, pitching will be a draft priority . . . Then why get rid of someone that's already ahead of most pitchers that are about to be drafted? A little confused as to why he's still being pulled after four shutout innings. Seven starts, 28 innings in his third professional season.

Here's a pretty cool website that I had never seen before today
https://www.redsminorleagues.com/

I'm warming up more and more to trading India to get some better starters. Senzel for sure yes, Newman as well. Benson I wouldn't be heartbroken over. He's really been coming on strong though.

We've got CES and Marte in AAA and both are close to being ready for the big show.

I'm trying hard to temper my expectations this season. Trying to understand and accept this is a building season....finally after like a dozen rebuilds already. But damn it's hard to watch our starting pitching being down to Abbott and Ashcrat who's struggling bad. And two guys who'd struggle to be #5's on most teams.

2010 and 2012 are our last decent seasons. And we got thrown out of playoffs quick both years. 1990 was a long time ago and I'm so very ready for the Reds to be relevant again. And that means pitching. It's just that simple.

We're going to have to give up something, something we don't want to, to get it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If they are buyers, what would you give up? - bengalfan74 - 06-29-2023, 09:52 AM