Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If they are buyers, what would you give up?
(07-05-2023, 11:13 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know that, defensively, RF is considered less important than SS, but I think McLain is our long term SS anyway. 

A lineup of Friedl (CF), McLain (SS), India (2B), Elly (RF), Steer (LF), CES (1B), Marte (3B), Stephenson ©, Fraley/Benson/Senzel (DH and/or defensive replacements based on matchups) is an objectively incredible line up.

If you put any stock into defensive metrics at all...
McLain has +2 defensive runs saved at SS (318.0 innings) and -1 DRS at 2B (56.0 innings).
DLC had -2 DRS at 3B (128.0 innings) at 3B and 0 DRS at SS (90.0 innings).

So I think you are right in that you almost have to stick with the plus glove at SS with McLain. That means giving DLC a shot at RF if you think Marte is going to be a plus glove at 3B, or just keeping DLC at 3B and hoping for improvement with playtime if you think Marte is going to be an average or below average 3B glove. 

It is interesting that they are still playing Marte at 3B right now in the minors.

- - - - - - - 

Need to move India out of the #3 spot. Also I really hope Stephenson's bat wakes up, I had expectations for him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If they are buyers, what would you give up? - TheLeonardLeap - 07-05-2023, 01:55 PM