Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Look Back at the Trump economy
(06-29-2023, 11:38 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I was MUCH better off financially during Trumps term then I have been under Biden's term.

and Trump's so-called great economy was destroyed during the same Trump presidency, but somehow all you all ignore that.  Year 4 of his presidency was an economic disaster.  Even the low gas prices were as a result of zero demand. Even if Trump actually won in 2020, gas prices would have gone up dramatically

I remember in 2016 when Trump was running, him screaming about how the unemployment numbers were false...there was no way they were that low.  Then his first numbers come out with a very slight .1% drop and him screaming from the rooftops about how good that was.  He inherited a strong stable economy.  All he had to do is maintain. In year 4 he blew it.  But, already  There were already signs of a recessionary/inflationary period on the horizon when the pandemic hit.  But we will never know what was going to happen there.

Since Regan, there has been a fairly predictable pattern...lower rich people's taxes, the economy looks good for about 3 years, then the economy starts to crash, Democratic president comes and cleans things up.

The right-wing has a very good megaphone in their media apparatus.  They have a vested interest in touting Trump's numbers at the expense of Bidens'

There are so many factors that go into worldwide inflation.  Weather events, pandemics/epidemics both human and animal, wars, civil unrest, technology impacts, corporate profit taking.  Look at the earnings statements of companies in the economic sectors driving inflation.  Now imagine what inflation would look like if these corporations weren't price gouging and wage suppressing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Look Back at the Trump economy - Luvnit2 - 06-29-2023, 11:27 AM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - pally - 06-29-2023, 12:00 PM
RE: Look Back at the Trump economy - Stewy - 06-29-2023, 02:24 PM