Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness
(06-30-2023, 01:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd be against that as well. 

I'd have a lot more disposable income to pump into the economy if the government paid of my mortgage.  So you may have something there.  Cool

I'd have zero issue with measures like freezing interest for "x" time period, or lowering interest permanently.  Or allowing people to request a freeze on payments, and interest, for a set time period.  But paying them off with other people's money?  That's a non-starter for me, and beyond Biden's power to bestow.

You also make an excellent point about going to community college first.  Shaving two years off the tuition at a major university is immensely helpful financially.  I have a friend with a law degree from USC who did exactly that, saved tens of thousands of dollars.

At the time, I felt kind of "lame" going to a community college. Most of my friends went off to state colleges and were living the life of a college student while I went to my little CC. However, looking back on it, I am so glad I did. It was something like $1,500 per semester. I worked part-time during CC and was able to pay through tuition and books with a little assistance. Same with my final two years going to a smaller school. Looking at tuition costs for Oklahoma University (where most of my friends went), I saved roughly $42k by going to community college. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness - KillerGoose - 06-30-2023, 01:32 PM