Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-10-2023, 06:28 PM)tms Wrote: Heard the interview. I still don't know what he wants. I don't think even Corey knows what he wants. The whole thing comes across as silly. He wants to sit down with Mike Brown or whomever and hash it out? Hash what out? Also says it's not about the fans, he loves the fans, but never actually specifies what he loves about the fans. Sounds like the worst, most insincere diplomat of all-time lol

As far as being the next inductee into the RoH, bollocks to that too. Makes no sense. It's not that he's not deserving, it's that there are far *more deserving guys ahead of him, as many of y'all have already mentioned. And those are guys from good teams that inspired positive memories, both individually and collectively. The team is trying to build something special here. You're not gonna start with the dude who played during the decade-long funeral: "Who Dey Bengals fans! From the crappiest era in franchise history, our STAR! Corey Dillon!" Nonsense.

If dude wants to take it up with Mike Brown, either take it directly to Brown or be clear about what you mean. The vagaries make everyone look bad. Mikey's probably listening to this like, "What do you want me to do?!"

Also think Bengal Jim did a brutal job in this interview, no offense. Had to say it lol. Hyperbolizing Dillon's contributions to team history is clearly not what he needs. Say it once maybe to be polite- but over and over and over? Maybe it's just me but I thought it was cringeworthy. And asking him to be Ruler of the Jungle? Another case where: 1) it's not his jam, why are we asking; 2) it's not his turn regardless.

Glad they got him on the line, though. I will give them credit for that. And the Sam segment was enjoyable. But the less said about the 90s, the better. It's not a period that needs to be eulogized twenty years hence. It eulogized itself in the moment.

Keep in mind that Jim is a fan not a reporter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub - pally - 07-11-2023, 11:45 AM