Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals predicted to win most games
(07-10-2023, 04:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I get it. But we've all watched Gio and Perine star when starting in place of Mixon behind these lines.

So why is he still here?

I think maybe they thought they had Perine and when he snubbed them they hoped to look towards the draft, and by the time they picked in the 2nd all the top backs capable of replacing Mixon were gone. I think Gibbs was on their radar, and Charbonet was probably the last of the potential Mixon replacements.

They've cleaned up their love for Mixon after the draft, but before the draft.... The tension was thick. Check the FO (Katie) and Coaches responses to the Mixon questions then compared to now.

Poor vision and inability to break tackles with his poor balance is why Mixon didn't do as well as those guys.

As much as we are talking about Trayveon Williams in this thread I think he would of shown more than he has in his 5 years to 
be the guy. Chase Brown on the other hand who has good vision, balance, hands and is a willing blocker could star behind this 
new OL and it wouldn't surprise me. The only concern with Brown is ball security from college, one thing Mixon has on Brown.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals predicted to win most games - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-10-2023, 04:41 PM