Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations?
(08-09-2023, 10:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: Brother, as I approach fitty, I'm just enjoying the ride. I had those expectations back when Boomer was running the no huddle. I expect a postseason win or two, and anything beyond that is gravy. After the decade of disappointment, followed by the gut wrenching playoff meltdowns, I'm just happy being a legit contender and winning in the postseason. I haven't been stressed watching a game since the Jerry Porter fiasco. Even when we got back to winning with Joe, I don't get too worked up because we're never out of it with these guys. Another great thing about this squad, they're so fun to watch.

YUP

The 2015 implosion changed me, it really did!! I mean the playoff letdowns before hurt, not to mention all the other letdowns. BUT, that was a kick to my guts like no other. It hurt more than losing the Super Bowls.

I can still remember jumping up and down at the interception, finally, woot, yee hah, and standing there counting down the seconds and then...... ummm, but a, wait, what????

My emotional investment has changed since that moment. I can't really put it into words, but it did.

And you're just a youngin, lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations? - bengalfan74 - 08-09-2023, 11:37 AM