Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations?
(08-09-2023, 11:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: YUP

The 2015 implosion changed me, it really did!! I mean the playoff letdowns before hurt, not to mention all the other letdowns. BUT, that was a kick to my guts like no other. It hurt more than losing the Super Bowls.

I can still remember jumping up and down at the interception, finally, woot, yee hah, and standing there counting down the seconds and then...... ummm, but a, wait, what????

My emotional investment has changed since that moment. I can't really put it into words, but it did.

And you're just a youngin, lol

Hands down the worst in-person experience I had in going on five decades of fandom.  Sitting out in that cold rain for so many hours, and then having to listen to these loud-mouthed Steeler fans in the row behind us, was bad enough.  I mean, going into the stadium my expectations were tempered not having Andy, but I still had this feeling that we'd gut it out and find a way to win and finally end the playoff win drought.  When the pick happened we went nuts and those assholes behind us fled from their seats.  It was all set up for the taking, and then poof, it was gone just as quickly. I left the stadium that night wondering what the team was doing, and why I was bother to keep paying to watch them do it.  But, the offseason heals many wounds and I was back in my seats come August.  Ah, the memories.

As to the OP, I wouldn't say my expectations are high, more like fair to middling.  Joe's calf certainly isn't helping, with us facing two division games in the first two weeks.  I'll see how we fare in those two games and adjust expectations accordingly.  

Right now, I'm just excited to finally see them play again tomorrow night.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations? - Awful Llama - 08-10-2023, 12:28 PM