Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, assuming the position..
(05-29-2015, 04:07 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: There was only a 1 point difference in rating between his 2012 and 2013 campaigns.  27 TDs isn't really anything to slouch at either.  

For sure, saying that he only had 1 good statistic in his career was a bit tongue-in-cheek. My point is that I don't understand why people flip the second somebody doesn't have confidence in him or has some skepticism when there is a conversation about his ability. He hasn't been so impressive in his career thus far to get the benefit of the doubt that some around the league have gotten.

It's not just Andy though, if a handful of other NFL starters were on this team, I'd act the same way. Unless you have one of the guys that are clearly one of the top 10 of their respective position, there's always going to be valid criticism and a lot to dissect about them. Not every player on the roster can be an All-Pro, you still need your working bees that don't eat up a ton of cap space, but QB is one place where it's nice to have a good one. I think Andy is fine for now, I'm not one of the guys that wants him gone, but that could change after 2015 and 5 years of giving him more chances.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton, assuming the position.. - djs7685 - 05-29-2015, 04:23 PM