Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the rookies gonna be ??
(08-28-2023, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm definitely willing to give more time on the younger guys like CES, EDLC, and Marte.
However, you just hate to see low BA/OPS for anyone regardless of how young they are.

EDLC I think came in with so much excitement that realistically wasn't sustainable for an entire year. He's going to have lull periods, but he's going to have really exciting times too.
I just looked at Billy Hamilton's first full year to compare...about the same BA, but EDLC has a much higher OPS.

Marte has way too few ABs to get any real sense on.

CES is probably the most concerning to me, out of the three.
Dude has 141 plate appearances and touted as a power bat, but he only has 4 HRs and a .657 OPS?
EDLC has 310 plate appearances but 11 HRs.
I thought for sure CES would be closer to 7-8 at this point.
And his OPS is lower than Stephenson, Senzel, and Fairchild.
If he can't figure out how to connect more with this major league pitching, he won't stay around long. First basemen need to be some of the better hitters on the team.

Oh yes of all the new young players CES is starting to concern me the most!! It's still way early for sure, but. He's got 128 at bats now and should be getting over the yips of the big stage a bit. At the plate at times he just looks kinda lost, I don't know how else to put it? 

Hoping he's gonna come out of it before this season is over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the rookies gonna be ?? - CJD - 08-26-2023, 02:59 PM
RE: What are the rookies gonna be ?? - bengalfan74 - 08-28-2023, 03:57 PM