Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals staff limiting playbook to help Joe and his injury.
(09-21-2023, 10:38 AM)Nepa Wrote: Good point. I could not find anything where any of the Bengals staff were asserting the adjustment of the playbook due to the injury. If you google "bengals playbook burrow injury" there are a lot of articles, but none cite any inside-the-team authority, just comments like "according to Paul Dehner." They authoritatively state "the coaches had limited the playbook," but I don't even see the usual culprits: "according to sources," or "according to officials with the team," etc.

Maybe it is just an assumption based on what was observed. Not necessarily wrong, but it would be nice if Paul Dehner or the other authors of articles, who state things so authoritatively, would tell the public if they have sources or they are just drawing their own conclusions. 

The only thing I could find stated by staff was a quote from Zac and it isn't really an answer:

https://www.bengals.com/news/zac-taylor-post-game-quotes-transcripts-week-2-2023-season-baltimore-ravens

Quote:Has Joe's health limited the playbook at all?

"I thought this week we were in really great shape."

But I agree with others it did look like they were being a bit limited with the play calling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals staff limiting playbook to help Joe and his injury. - George Cantstandya - 09-21-2023, 10:52 AM