Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X (FKA Twitter) Might Start Charging All Users
(09-21-2023, 10:54 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That would be a bold move.  With so many social media platforms available and free, unless everyone is going to start charging it feels like shooting themselves in the foot.  But sometimes people say things to gauge feedback.  I think Twitter/X is pretty much a cesspool (although it can be helpful to get live updates during major events/emergencies) so I rarely go on there and would never pay for it.  Paying for any social platform might just be the best motivation to get off it fully  Smirk

I get the sense that Musk thought more people would have actually bought Twitter Blue, and not nearly as many people actually did.
So he's not seeing the revenue come in like expected.

If the main concern is bots, I'm sure they could do something to limit the number of posts non-Twitter Blue users could make in an hour or day.
That would give incentive for people who want to use the service to build their brand incentive to pay, but for those of us like myself who really just use it for reading updates from others, keep it free.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: X (FKA Twitter) Might Start Charging All Users - ochocincos - 09-21-2023, 11:41 AM