Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-04-2023, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand being a cult and 100% of the Democrats voting in sync. What does that tell the citizens? It tells us they don't represent their districts, they get to DC and they are beholden to the DNC. Is that healthy? It may be good for politics within the DNC, but not for everyday citizens.

Time will tell if this impacts a government shutdown. If it does, it was a 100% Democrat vote to remove the speaker with a few Republicans. The Democrats also control the Senate and the White House. It appears to me if government is shutdown. todays vote played a major role in it. Were Democrats thinking about government employees today? I say not at all, so they will have no right in 6 weeks to complain if the government is shut down.

They do represent their districts. Really easy. Very good chance it was democrats and independents who voted them in. When you vote do you vote for what you want? If the answer is yes (it should be), then you get why democrats didn’t vote to support a Republican speaker. They don’t want one. No need to over complicate it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - NATI BENGALS - 10-04-2023, 01:39 AM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM