Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-23-2023, 10:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It sure seems like you didn't read my posts at all throughout this thread and just decided to come in hot with your response deciding I said what you wanted me to say to be on the bad other side rather than what I was actually saying.

I don't need a list of how McCarthy sucks. I literally referred to him as an evil when I said that empowering Gaetz is the worse of two evils. I would never vote for either to lead a bake sale, let alone my state or country.

Lol, gotcha games? I am not "blaming" Democrats. I am just saying you all are not completely unrelated to the situation and pretending otherwise seems disingenuous. If you make a decision to participate in something, you have made yourself at least partially related. Regardless of why you are a part of it, regardless of if you are right/wrong to be a part of it. 

You sure seem to be mistaking me with someone else who wants to play the Party A Good vs Party B Bad game.

Wasn’t trying to come at you side eyed. And I know you seem to be one of the people as close to a centrist as we have around here.

But I take issue with anybody blaming democrats for this mess because they wouldn’t prop up and keep in a position of power a man like McCarthy. That is not their job. And I don’t think many if any who voted for them would have wanted them to.

They didn’t just make a decision to participate in something so you can point the finger and place just as much blame on them and let the party that can’t govern off the hook. They did their job.

They ran a campaign, got elected, and swore an oath.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

And then did exactly what they swore they would do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - NATI BENGALS - 10-24-2023, 12:39 AM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM