Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-21-2023, 11:41 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Sadly I do think our coaches will be exposed and even worse I don't think anything will come of it as they will get a free pass with Burrows injury. Does credit for our success go to the whole team? Absolutely and the defense as much as anything else. But Burrow is asked to be superman and be everything for the offense. Looking at some stats a couple things jumped out at me. Burrows rookie year we threw it 414 and rushed it 220 times before he got injured. Some coaches/staffs don't play a rookie QB for all or part of a season. Some change the offense to make things as easy as possible not Taylor and company the asked Burrow to be "The Man" from day one behind a porous line by throwing the ball roughly 2-1. Then this year I looked at the 1st 6 weeks and same story 232 pass 121 rush again roughly 2-1 maybe not shocking if your QB isn't basically immobile with a strained calf. But again in another circumstance where one might expect a coaching staff to something to help they're franchise QB we do nothing except continue as planned.
Then I just saw this week that Callahan said he wants to see more consistent runs of 5,6 and 7 yard runs. This infuriated me. Not because we don't all want to see this. But because 1. Where was this emphasis earlier in the year. 2. Is the reason why we haven't run more and we apparently absolutely refuse to get any other RB involved is because our coaches viewed as not consistent enough?
I don't think this staff knows how to run a balanced offense and even if you want to assume that Burrow is changing runs to passes. Then you still have a staff that one puts Burrow in bad dangerous situations but is also unable to protect him from himself by stressing a more balanced offense and being thorough on injuries that arise.
I don't think we change the offense because I think this staff is incapable. But if by some miracle we have more of an emphasis on the run game and actually get other backs involved. We need to be asking will it last when Burrow is healthy and why didn't we do this earlier.

So how many of our remaining games should we win going forward?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Soonerpeace - 11-21-2023, 01:03 PM