Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-25-2023, 10:55 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Because you literally can't do something and then don't do it because you literally can't is not an adjustment. You've removed something from your game and replaced it with nothing. 
I get the Burrow is the guy and we want him to throw it the majority of times. My point on a more balanced attack is more that 1 yes it could help relieve pressure on Burrow. 2 it should become more effective if we make it a point of emphasis. 3 was my main point which is its fine to ask you franchise QB to throw it twice as much as you pass. But to do that in a rookie year with a trash oline and a year where your QB has a calf injury that is very clearly limiting his mobility is an issue. We all know Burrow got his knee injured his rookie year and this year it was his wrist. But he could've gotten injured earlier asking him to throw that much while injured and I'm still wondering if he did and the wrist is something he's been dealing with.

If Mixon could break a tackle or make someone miss here and there, I'd be totally down with what you're driving at. He's not doing that, and being fair, the line is not doing him a lot of favors either. They need to fix the run game to make it efficient, not necessarily just running to run. Now's a good time to try some things, but then you're admitting you're giving up on the season. I'm not sure how well that would sit with the locker room. It's a tough situation. 

I'm not saying they made good adjustments, but I do think they changed up some things to protect Burrow and his calf. He tweaked it against Baltimore and set things back a little. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-27-2023, 01:13 PM