Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed
(11-29-2023, 03:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No. He's saying that the backups were poor quality backups but they still found ways to make them productive. He's insinuating that they had a solid "scheme" in place to do so. There is a lot of nuance in these conversations that we as fans tend to miss. It's not fun to hear, but most of us on here have absolutely no damn idea what we are talking about. If someone put a gun to your head right now and tasked you with suggesting a good gameplan or "scheme" you are probably getting shot. And the same goes for me, don't take that as me calling you an idiot. 

A coach can put together a solid gameplan and call the right plays and if the players aren't up to par, particularly the QB, it isn't going to matter. Case in point, Brandon Allen. Folks hated him and thought he was awful. Over the offseason, many people were pining for Cooper Rush because he went 4-1 in his five starts last year. If a QB has a poor game, it's not always on the playcaller(s), especially if that player is a backup QB. 

Brandon Allen posted a better passer rating in 2020 than Rush did last year. Cooper just had a better team around him, so they won. Another example is from this past weekend. Zac and company called a play that ended up working well with Yoshi running wide open down the field. Automatic touchdown, but Browning just didn't see him. 

I don't put that much stock into Zac's record without Burrow. The dropoff in a top three guy to players like Finley, Browning and Allen is incredibly vast. You pair with that with awful offensive line play and it isn't that surprising. However, to be clear, I am also not singing Zac's praises. I just don't think any assessment of him is black and white.

Summed up perfectly. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Burrow is out Zac will be exposed - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-29-2023, 04:22 PM