Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
(12-05-2023, 06:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yyyyyyeah, well it would be nice if he could drew up trick plays that trick the other team for once. Dax Hill has what is hopefully the biggest boneheaded play of the rest of his career and then, as if they didn't want the embarrassment to linger too long for the young'n, Boyd and Taylor said ''Hold our beers, kid. We got this.''

The first two drives could have been called by a five year old. Why they are terrified to take a deep shot in the first series or two is always confusing to me. They did the same with Joe when his calf was still bothering him earlier this year. You can see the safeties creeping in further and further and choking up the running game and the obvious short passes. After the second drive, they finally opened it up a little bit and it flowed pretty well, especially the running game. Amazing how that works.

Positives
Props to the O-line tonight. Pass protection was better than I thought that it would be. Not sure if I heard Volson's name all night. Great run game and screens.
I think that it's official. BJ Hill is the prize of the greatest trade in Bengals history. Solid game by the D-line, even Murphy and Carter.
All of the backup TEs are damn good. Nothing great or phenomenal but all are above merely ''reliable''. Irv's still got some work to do.
Mike Hilton now vs before 5 or 6 weeks ago is night and day.
Backup RBs did great. Nice kick off return by Traveon. Keeps himself relevant. Chase Brown had a great night as the change of pace back. Hopefully he becomes a mixture of what he looked like to me . . . the best of Giovani Bernard and Chris Perry.

Troy touched on that, and so did Zac in his presser. They basically said the same thing: short dump offs to get Browning in a rhythm, and boy did he ever get in a rhythm. That play with TB was a pretty damn bad decision. I agree.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Win makes me question Zac more, not less - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-05-2023, 11:47 AM