Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This Win makes me question Zac more, not less
(12-05-2023, 02:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think it was a good called game overall, many have felt we are too vanilla and don't mix it up or go for it enough on 4th down, I think ZT went in knowing this was the game to keep the season going or not, and pulled out a few trick plays knowing it was going to be hard to beat Jags straight up at their place plus their offense had been hot and our defense had not coming into the game.  My ex coach thinking also truly believe they saw something on tape to run those trick plays but overall I was fine with situational football calls by the ZT and his staff.

All in all a good called game and it seemed alot of what they changed really paid off. But to me the situational football is still a big concern. I wasn't a fan of the trick play designs myself but who knows both were alot slower developing then I'm sure they planned. But read the game the 1st one we are driving down the field hadn't scored yet so I see using a trick play. Just not sold on upside of throwing the ball to Browning? Best case a 1st? Then the 2nd one Mixon has had a big gain on this play in the past I guess. But backed up in your own end and in a game we are moving the ball. Not really trying to complain because it was a great game otherwise but situational issues have been things we have struggled with in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Win makes me question Zac more, not less - NUGDUKWE - 12-06-2023, 06:42 PM