Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This needs to be hung on Zac Taylor's office wall
(12-06-2023, 07:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm glad Brown got on the field and I'm even happier he had success. But we do need to see a bit more of it. He obviously had the explosive plays but he also had 2 or 3 negative gains and that is something Mixon rarely does. I would personally keep Mixon as the main back. But that's not saying Brown doesn't deserve to continue to get more touches. I would also like to see him get some targets.

Cannot disagree. If the OL doesn't open up immediate holes Chase Brown is a little easier to tackle than Mixon behind the line.

Chase Brown is smaller than Mixon and not quite as strong.

(12-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Think about it from the OL perspective.  If your QB is sitting in the shotgun all the time you never get the chance to be in attack mode.  You are always stepping back at the snap to essentially try to form a pocket.  

It's no wonder they can't consistently run the ball, they're always at a disadvantage.  

Hopefully Burrow will realize this while watching for the rest of the season and be more willing to play from center.  It will prolong his career also.

Great post. Just completely agree Daddy-O. If you look at it from the OL's perspective, you can completely understand why 
always playing in Shotgun puts them at a disadvantage as you say. Need to attack Defenses with a running game and quick 
passes with play action. This is done under Center and lets the RB get up to speed faster like we saw with Chase Brown on 
Monday night so the OL doesn't have to hold their blocks long.

The QB under Center at least half the time just helps the entire Offense so much more than constantly in the Shotgun like 
Burrow was doing in our losses.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This needs to be hung on Zac Taylor's office wall - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-07-2023, 03:08 PM