Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North.
I was just having an argument about Tomlin with a Bengals fan on Facebook the other day. 

I compared him to Marvin Lewis and said he only won the SB with Cowher's team and staff. Once that dried up, he's been 3-7 in the playoffs over the last 13 seasons, missed the playoffs 6 times (possibly 7), with playoff losses to the likes of Tim Tebow, Blake Bortles, Baker Mayfield and the broken husk of Peyton Manning.

Most overrated coach in NFL history, imo. He's not terrible, but people talk like he's a HOF coach when the results just aren't there. He's twice as likely to not make the playoffs at all than to win a playoff game.

He'd also be 2-8 in the playoffs since the last Super Bowl if Jeremy Hill holds on to the ball. The guy almost out Marvin'd Marvin, when Marvin had a backup QB.

"No losing seasons" is cool, but a low bar for success. He hasn't done anything great in over 10 years.

Ironically, a Steelers fan agreed with me and said Steelers fans make the Marvin comparison often.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 - 0 vs the NFC, 0 - 5 vs the AFC North. - Shake n Blake - 12-26-2023, 03:19 AM