Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
So how do we fix the defense for next season?
(12-27-2023, 07:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you're out of your mind that they're going to make that many changes in one offseason.
We need to think realistic.

We'll see probably 1 veteran brought in and any others will be addressed in the draft.

Why does Nickel LB need to be addressed? They only run two and Pratt and Wilson are fine.

I think with all they've invested in DB the past couple offseasons, we're not going to see much new there.
CTB, Turner, Hilton, Hill, and Battle are the guys going into training camp.
DE I think is also pretty set with Hendrickson, Hubbard, and Murphy.
DT is where I would look to invest in a couple draft picks and maybe 1 veteran to go along with BJ Hill.

Offense is honestly what I'm more worried about with 4 starting spots potentially vacating in RT, WR2, slot WR, and TE.
Have we seen enough Charlie Jones to pencil him in as the Boyd replacement?
Dead last in Yards per play, Yards per passing play, 2nd to dead last in Yard per rush, and 2nd to dead last in total Yards on defense. A lot has to change for this defense.

For LBers.
According to PFF both LBers pass coverage has fallen off a cliff. 

Logan went from a 73.6 in pass coverage in 22 to a 56.6 in pass coverage this season.

Germaine went from a 90 in pass coverage in 22 to a 62.3 this season. 

Last season Pratt played in 722 snaps while this season he has played in 895. Remember how he complained about not being a 3 down player? Well he has been a 3 down player this year and his play has dropped because of it.

All I'm asking for is to re-sign ADG and to give him back his 3rd down role from last season. Is that really that big of an ask?

As for the secondary 

Again were dead last in Yards Per pass attempt this season and went from 1st in pass Completion last year to 22nd this year. Both Hilton and Auwzie have struggled in man, Dax has regressed in pass coverage since the start of the season, and Turner has looked terrible the last two weeks. 

Hilton will need to be replaced because A.) He is about to be 30 and B.) 2024 is his last year on his deal. So why Not move Hill there(which is his natural spot anyways) and draft a natural safety in his place? Why is that an irrational ask?

We agree we need to add a 3T to the roster; It's a deep year for DTs in this draft and Free agency. We should be able to fill that whole quite easily. 

The Front office needs to be aggressive this year and should look to improve the roster anyways it can. Via draft, Free agency, or Trade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So how do we fix the defense for next season? - J24 - 12-27-2023, 11:33 PM
The corners! - Tlawsonmariat82 - 12-26-2023, 02:33 PM