Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Jan. 1, 2024 twenty two states raise minimum wage + California $20 fast food in April
(12-29-2023, 04:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 3. Do you see businesses racing to eliminate jobs with technology and/or robots?

That happens regardless, I'd wager.  I live in PA and minimum wage here is $7.50 and when you go to Wal Mart there are 30+ self checkouts and maybe 1 or 2 actual cashiers who will scan things for you.  Our McDonalds and Taco Bell has screens/kiosks to take your order, stuff like that. Hell, one of the functions I did at my job which is considered a part of national security is being automated because it can, and we make less per hour than a burger flipper in CA.

I told my buddy's 10 year old son that when I was a kid when you went to a gas station a person was there to pump your gas and even do some routine stuff on your car while you waited and he looked at me like I was part insane and part fossil.

(12-29-2023, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If there are grown adults attempting to support other humans on minimum wage jobs, those folks should really re-evaluate their career trajectory and consider getting some more marketable skills.

The issue with that is that if the only people working service jobs are under 18, nothing will be open during the day or after 9pm or so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jan. 1, 2024 twenty two states raise minimum wage + California $20 fast food in April - Nately120 - 12-29-2023, 08:26 PM